2019 Embodied Biotensegrity: Professional Development Series for Yoga Teachers and Movement Professionals
If I told you that there is an alternative to the centuries-old biomechanical model of the body as a machine would you want to know more? We are not machines, the body never just an assemblage of parts. We are living, breathing moving beings, whole, interconnected and interdependent.
The science of biotensegrity is a more accurate explanation of what we feel in our bodies than the conventional model of the body as a machine. This course is for yoga teachers, movement professionals and body nerds who love learning and want to dive into the body for an experiential understanding of the theory.
The course could include any of the following:
Online learning with biotensegrity experts:
- Video recordings (with Stephen Levin, Graham Scarr)
- Live sessions (potentially Joanne Avison, John Sharkey, Carol Davis, others)
Live, studio sessions:
- Practice: sitting, pranayama, yoga & movement explorations
- The science of biotensegrity
- Applications of biotensegrity to practice and teaching
- Biotensegrity and yoga philosophy
- Generating Knowledge: assignments and sharing to integrate the work into your practice and teaching, and discover new knowledge with your peers
Attending the Biotensegrity Practical Symposium in Vancouver as a group (as an optional add-on, or as part of the course) The main presenters at the symposium are Joanne Avison, John Sharkey, Wilbour Kelsick. Stephen Levin is the Keynote speaker.
Interested? Please take a few minutes to help me create a course that best suits your needs by completing this survey.
More about Chris
- Yoga Teacher since 1992, Dawson Creek, Vancouver, North Vancouver, City Yoga, YYoga, Yogapod, North and West Vancouver Community Centres, Independent Contractor
- Vijnana Yoga International, E-RYT500, YACEP, IYTA, SOYA
- Lead Facilitator: Vijnana Yoga International Training, South Okanagan Yoga Academy YTT500
- Faculty: Karma Yoga Teacher Training YTT200, YTT300, Indigo Yoga Teacher Training,
- Developer and lead facilitator of Embodied Biotensegrity Trainings for yoga teachers
- Biotensegrity Archive – Board Member.
- Began practicing yoga in 1989, teaching in 1992
- SOYA RYS500, IYTA membership
- Primary teacher and mentor, Gioia Irwin (including assisting Gioia at her 3 yearVijnana Yoga YTT)
Biotensegrity Focused Education:
- Primary mentor: Susan Lowell de Solorzano, since 2015
- Mentors: Stephen Levin, Graham Scarr
- Master Class with Stephen Levin, 2017
- Biotensegrity Focused Dissection with John Sharkey and Joanne Avison
- Tensegrity and Asana (2007) International Light, IYTA Journal
- Graham Scarr (Nov 2018) Biotensegrity The Structural Basis of Life, 2nd edition (Photo credit)
- Upcoming Book Contributions:
- Susan Lowell, (2019) Everything Moves
- Karen Kirkness (2019) Spiral Bound – Biotensegrity for Yoga