Embodied Biotensegrity Training: Generating Knowledge of Movement,Fascia and Presence.For Yoga Geeks, Body Nerds, and Trailblazers
At Karma Teachers August 15-20, 2016
Payment Plans are available!
To register, or for more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
From parts to whole, from external to internal, from mechanical to dynamic. This 50 hour training teaches you the fundamentals of biotensegrity (the biodynamic architecture of living beings), introduces you to the latest in fascial research and invites you to move from inside to discover new insights into the practicing and teaching of any movement modality.
Since the time of the ancient Greeks, and the advent of biomechanics, the body has been likened to a machine with its workings conceived of as an amalgam of parts. As yogis, we experience the whole as greater than the parts, the dissolving of separation and a longing for oneness with all. Join the revolution and discover how the science of biotensegrity integrates and supports the experience and path of yoga.
We work within an overarching framework of knowledge generation (knowledge doesn’t already exist to be bestowed upon us by teachers, but rather is generated by us in community). We build on the foundations of presence (a state of being alert, aware, receptive and connected), heterarchy (a system of organization where the elements are unranked) and community (we work together towards a common goal).
We will enquire into biotensegrity, fascia, and yoga philosophy, and their integration into our individual bodies of knowledge, our unique teaching lives and our personal practices.
50 Hour Embodied Biotensegrity Training – Integrating new concepts in movement anatomy for yoga teachers and movement practitioners
Understand how the models we use influence how we practice, teach and live
• Learn the limitations of traditional anatomy and biomechanics
• Learn how to build a tensegrity structure from struts and elastics
• Gain a firm foundation in biotensegrity – the new paradigm of biodynamic anatomy
• Compare and contrast human made tensegrity structures with biotensegrities – the biodynamic architecture of living things
Fascia – what it is, its function, and why it is important in the biotensegrity paradigm
• Identify different models of anatomy
• Conventional anatomy and biomechanics
• Anatomy Trains
• Integral Anatomy
• Biotensegrity and the mesokinetic organ
• Learn how new research on fascia can inform your practice and teaching
• Apply key aspects of the science of stretching to your approach creating healthy movement in the body
• Discover the parallels between ancient yoga philosophy and the biotensegrity paradigm.
• Our studies might include verses from:
• Patanajali’s Yoga Sutras
• The Bhagavad Gita
• The Upanishads.
Practice, feel and understand from inside
• Use new understandings of fascia and biotensegrity to inform your practice and teaching
• Cultivate an interoceptive practice to access the parasympathetic nervous system, to gain moment to moment experience of the living (fascial) matrix, and to fully appreciate the connected, whole body biotensegrity paradigm.
• Apply the principles of rooting and connecting to restore healthy balance to the living
matrix bringing healthy alignment, lightness and ease
• Use breath awareness to ignite whole body awareness
• Introduction to Gioia Irwin’s Tensegrity Repair Series
Apply knowledge of fascia and biotensegrity to teaching your usual practice
• Assessment of yoga postures – identify areas in the body with more or less tensegral balance (self assessment and student assessment)
• Learn techniques to help naturally increase the tensegral balance of the body
• Application of this work to one’s own movement practice
• Gain tools for increasing presence in teaching and learning for durable learning
Schedule: Monday August 15- Saturday August 20, 8am-6pm
8am – Practice and Integration: Meditation, pranayama, TRS tensegrity repair series(selected), asana, theory
12:15 – Lunch
2pm – Theory/philosophy
3:30 – Techniques and training workshops/integration/ teaching methodology/teaching practice
6pm – Close
This training is beneficial for teachers and practitioners of any movement modality. Attendance certificate granted to teachers holdings recognized foundation level qualifications. (50 Yoga Alliance CEUs)